Can I request books?
The books we provide are donated to libraries in each country by our local distribution partners. These may be national library services, local NGOs, or distribution committees. To request books, please contact the relevant partner organisation in your country, listed below.
Before applying for books, please check that your organisation meets the following minimum criteria for book donations:
Your organisation must:
- Be in one of our current countries of operation
- be a not-for-profit and/or state/publicly-funded organisation in one of the following sectors: public and community libraries; schools; training colleges; prisons; NGOs; higher education or medical institutions
- have a functioning library or an accessible area for the books, and an appropriately trained person responsible for them
- be able to collect the books from the distribution partner, and pay a small fee towards their costs
- be able to provide detailed feedback reports to the distribution partner
If your organisation meets the above criteria, please contact the distribution partner with the following information:
- full contact details for the organisation, including email, telephone and postal address.
- which type of books you require (for example: primary, secondary, vocational, undergraduate, medical, etc.)
- your organisation’s objectives, programmes and/or projects and target groups.
- details of any libraries or resource centres nearby.
Distribution partners’ contact details
Education Information Services International (EISERVI)
Rue Cafeier, Biyem Assi Stade
PO Box 31528, Yaounde 13
Tel: (+237) 22317660
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Email Mr Gebrenegus Berhane Engda, Eritrean Ministry of Education
Requests for books for school, community and public libraries should be sent to:
The British Council in Ethiopia
P O Box 1043
You can also email your specific request to: Inku Fasil, Programme and Partnership Manager – Education, The British Council
T +251 (1)166 203 88 | Inku.Fasil@britishcouncil.org
Mesnanat Sahle, Programme Officer, The British Council in Ethiopia
T +251 (0) 116 620 388 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for books for Higher Education and Medical institutions should be directed to:
PO Box 9443
Ms Joyce Ntchafu at Malawi National Library Service
Email Ms Joyce Ntchafu
Contact Mr Sallieu Touray at Sierra Leone Library Board.
Somalia (Puntland), Somaliland and South Sudan
Book Aid International works in partnership with the Africa Educational Trust in these countries, supplying books to their network of school libraries and resource centres. We regret that we are not currently in a position to consider any further partnerships or requests for books in these countries.
Requests for books should be directed to Mr Robertson Bwato, Chief Librarian, Zambia Library Service, PO Box 30802, Lusaka. Email Mr Bwato. Please copy your email request to Ms Sharon Munshya, ZLS Senior Librarian.
Harare: All requests from organisations that are geographically closest to Harare should be directed by email to Ms Yeukai Chimuka at the Harare Distribution Committee.
Bulawayo: Requests from organisations that are geographically closest to Bulawayo should be directed by email to Ms Letshani Ndlovu of the Bulawayo Book Distribution Committee.