Your company may be able to support Book Aid International through offering time, expertise or resources. Currently we are looking for supporters who can offer:
- Prizes- quality items that can be used as prizes in raffles, silent auctions, our International Literacy Day quiz and annual Golf Day.
- Audiovisual equipment- good quality cameras, video recorders and microphones.
We are always looking for in kind donations to help us provide the books and support for our partners in sub-Saharan Africa that are at the heart of what we do. This includes:
- Printing in order to produce more copies of our ‘good practice’ manuals, which provide guidance for our library partners.
- Flights- to minimise the cost of monitoring and developing our projects.
- Freight transport within the UK
- Books- If you are a publisher and think you may be able to support our work you can become a book donor.
We also use consultants from time-to-time to develop areas of our work, such as logistics, IT, finance, legal and administration. We would love to hear from any companies who would be willing to be approached as and when we require such services. If you think you can help then contact Grace Allingham.
At Book Aid International we are dependent on a dedicated team of volunteers to stamp and pack half a million books each year before they are shipped to our partners across sub-Saharan Africa. Small groups of corporate volunteers are always welcomed in the warehouse, either during office hours or at our monthly volunteering evenings. The evenings are hugely popular and attendance is on a first-come-first-served basis, so contact us early to register your interest. For more information contact Grace Allingham.
We are also always looking to recruit volunteers to raise both funds and the profile of Book Aid International within their workplace, as company-based Community Ambassadors. Or you can give your time as a one-off fundraiser. For inspiration take a look at our fundraising ideas.