Baking is fun, relaxing and hugely satisfying… just like books! Enjoy the pleasure of baking delicious treats whilst raising money so more people can enjoy the pleasure of reading.
From the simplest chocolate crispy cakes to elaborate creations worthy of the Great British Bake Off…here are some helpful hints on where to sell them:
– Entice your work colleagues with a few cakes on a Friday afternoon!
– Make it a competition by organising a Great Bookish Bake Off
– During lunch or break time at school
– At a school play, concert, fete or parents evening.
– Celebrate your birthday by holding a Mad Hatters tea party!
– Organise a ‘bake for books’ day at your local library
– Sell your cakes at local community events – street parties, fetes or car boot sales!
Here are just a few of our favourite recipes…indulge!
To receive a fundraising pack containing posters, bookmarks and leaflets about our work, please get in touch or call 020 7326 5826.
Your donation will go a long way in helping to ensure that children and young adults in sub-Saharan Africa begin a life long journey of reading. Find out more about our work.