Our books are distributed in each country by our local distribution partners. These may be national library services, local NGOs, or distribution committees. To request books, please contact the relevant partner organisation in your country, listed below.
Before applying for books, please check that your organisation meets the following minimum criteria for book donations:
Your organisation must
- be a not-for-profit and/or state/publicly-funded organisation in one of the following sectors: public and community libraries; schools; training colleges; prisons; NGOs; higher education or medical institutions.
- have a functioning library or an accessible area for the books, and an appropriately trained person responsible for them.
- be able to collect the books from the distribution partner, and pay a small fee towards their costs.
- be able to provide detailed feedback reports to the distribution partner.
If your organisation meets the above criteria, please contact the distribution partner with the following information:
- full contact details for the organisation, including email, telephone and postal address.
- which type of books you require (for example: primary, secondary, vocational, undergraduate, medical, etc.)
- your organisation’s objectives, programmes and/or projects and target groups.
- details of any libraries or resource centres nearby.
Distribution partners’ contact details:
Education Information Services International (EISERVI)
Rue Cafeier, Biyem Assi Stade
PO Box 31528, Yaounde 13
Tel : (+237) 22317660
Mr Gebrenegus Berhane Engda, Eritrean Ministry of Education
Requests for books for school, community and public libraries should be sent to:
The British Council in Ethiopia
P O Box 1043
You can also email your specific request to:
Inku Fasil, Programme and Partnership Manager – Education, The British Council
T +251 (1)166 203 88 | Inku.Fasil@britishcouncil.org
Metsnanat Sahle, Programme Officer, The British Council in Ethiopia
T +251 (0) 116 620 388 | email@example.com
Requests for books for Higher Education and Medical institutions should be directed to:
PO Box 9443
Mr Haswell Kapeta at Malawi National Library Service
Email Mr Haswell Kapeta
– Educational institutions including schools, teacher resource centres and teacher training colleges should email Mrs Margaret Ndala at the Education Library Service.
– All other requests for books should be emailed to Ms Theopolina Shuumbili at the Community Library Service.
Somalia (Puntland), Somaliland and South Sudan
Book Aid International works in partnership with the African Educational Trust in these countries, supplying books to their network of school libraries and resource centres. We regret that we are not currently in a position to consider any further partnerships, or requests for book aid, in these countries.
– Mainland Tanzania: All requests from organisations operating in mainland Tanzania should be directed to the Tanzania Library Services Board by email to Dr Alli Mcharazo.
– Pemba: Requests from organisations operating in Pemba should be emailed to Abdulla Omar Masoud at the Pemba Public Library.
Alternative email address for Abdulla Omar Masoud.
– Zanzibar: Requests from organisations operating in Zanzibar should be emailed to Sichana Haji Foum at the Zanzibar Library Service.
– Educational institutions including schools, teacher resource centres and teacher training colleges should contact Mr Bernard Bazirake at Kyambogo University Library.
Alternative email addresses for Mr Bazirake:
Alternative KYU address
UTL Online address
– Requests for books should be directed to Mr Robertson Bwato, Chief Librarian, Zambia Library Service, PO Box 30802, Lusaka. Email Mr Bwato.
Please copy your email request to Ms Sharon Munshya, ZLS Senior Librarian.
– Harare: All requests from organisations that are geographically closest to Harare should be directed by email to Ms Yeukai Chimuka at the Harare Distribution Committee.
– Bulawayo: Requests from organisations that are geographically closest to Bulawayo should be directed by email to Letshani Ndlovu of the Bulawayo Book Distribution Committee.