We are in regular contact with our partners to ensure they receive the books they most need. Currently this includes:
- Children’s and primary: early learning/preschool, picture books, graded readers, easy-read fiction and reference.
- Secondary and teenage: textbooks and revision guides in all subjects; teenage fiction and leisure reading.
- Vocational and technical: manual skills (building, plumbing, carpentry, metalwork, electronics, engineering, motor vehicle mechanics); beauty and hairdressing; textiles and tailoring; tourism and catering; computing and office skills.
- Professional: business studies, accounting, management and marketing.
- Teacher training: education studies, special needs and early years.
- Higher education (general): Undergraduate textbooks in all subjects but especially pure and applied science, agriculture, technology and engineering. Also peace & conflict and development studies. MUST BE PUBLISHED WITHIN THE LAST 10 YEARS
- Medicine, health and social care: Community and public health (first aid, maternal health, child care, nutrition); HIV/AIDS; nursing, midwifery, paediatrics; tropical medicine and infectious diseases; anatomy and physiology; disability and rehabilitation; all medical and surgical specialities. MUST BE PUBLISHED WITHIN THE LAST 10 YEARS
- Law: All law and legal studies. MUST BE PUBLISHED WITHIN THE LAST 10 YEARS
- General trade fiction and non-fiction (leisure reading): Popular and commercial fiction; arts, crafts, hobbies, cookery, sport, travel, biographies, music, popular science and history, religion, entrepreneurship, motivational.
- Reference: dictionaries, Thesauri, Encyclopaedias, Atlases, Yearbooks
- African interest: African history and development, books by African writers, books in certain African languages, for all ages and reading levels.
These books reach public and community libraries, and libraries in schools, universities, slums, refugee centres, NGOs and prisons. Users of these libraries are often some of the most vulnerable and underprivileged in society.
Please contact Simon Mercer if you are a publisher and feel your books fit our partners’ needs as described above.